• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Removing Power Steering Pulley

OK I searched.

I spent about an hour last night with my FSM, a bunch of spacers and a threaded rod and just can't figure out how to get the Power Steering Pump pulley off my 89 Cherokee. The FSM shows a setup to remove, but no detals so you can figure it out.

Maybe I was just tired and I'll figure it out tonight, but any tips would be appreciated.

I just go to NAPA and they take it off for me, call them to see if they have that service.

Nevada City Sparky said:
Damn, how did you find that link? I searched everything I could think of....

Looks like a trip to Nato Zone.

So, how do you stack 'em to pull? Maybe oncve I have 'em in hand it'll all make sense....

Borrowed the same kit from O' Reilly's.
Done it a couple of times, first time I had to replace the pump everything went well, except the "O" ring for the reservoir kept leaking, the two clips put too much pressure and pushed the reservoir to the side.
I had to bend the two clips to relieve some pressure before it stopped.

Nevada City Sparky said:
Damn, how did you find that link? I searched everything I could think of....

Looks like a trip to Nato Zone.

So, how do you stack 'em to pull? Maybe oncve I have 'em in hand it'll all make sense....

You will figure it out when you have the tool....it clips around the pulley and the center bolt pushes the shaft out.

Rev

Rev Den said:
You will figure it out when you have the tool....it clips around the pulley and the center bolt pushes the shaft out.

Rev

You assemble the two halves around the pulley hub, slide the sleeve around them to keep them from separating, don't remember the rest, you'll figure it out.

Back