• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jeep airbag question

miketyson

NAXJA Forum User
anyone ever hit a stump or rock, or come down to hard on the front or somethin offroad and set it off? i know on jeeps the airbag sensor is under the seat not in the bumper and a sudden jerk could set it off, and an airbag going off at the wrong time would be bad.. and painfull.

From what I know the airbag ckt is not armed till you are doing 35mph. Also if you airbag box is UNDER the drivers seat take it in for the factory recall, in 99 or 00 they moved them from under there to under the center console and in some cases replaced the controller due to corrosion from them getting wet.
My daughter broke a saturn in half with her TJ, she was doing about 30-40mph when it turned in front of her and she T boned it shooting it 30ft sideways into a telephone pole like a croquet ball. Airbags never went off though she did have a mite of seatbelt bruise.

Back