• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Transfercase Skid Desgin

splitz

NAXJA Forum User
I'm shopping around for a transfercase skid, and have found it in a few different configurations. Is any design better than the other? I'm guessing the 3rd Tomken one is kinda crappy, but what about the other designs?

Tomken
p17644c.jpg

Tomken
p17638c.jpg

Tomken
p17649c.jpg

Warn
51542-lg.jpg

SkidRow
52216-lg.jpg

I'm not really asking which brand out of the ones I listed, rather than what design is best. The DGP & Desert Fab are like the first Tomken, the TNT & Full Tractions are really full belly pan skids, and are contenders but in a whole different class than a standard "xfer case skid"

I know everyone has thier favorite brand, but what about the actual design. Ignoring the brands, which design offers the best protection? What down falls do each design have?

splitz said:
I know everyone has thier favorite brand, but what about the actual design. Ignoring the brands, which design offers the best protection? What down falls do each design have?

The downfalls are that just about all of thoes skids are just flat plate. To keep flat plate semi flat there needs to be some additional bracing on the back side to reinforce it. Carolina Rock Shop has a crossmember and skid combo that is really beef, 2offroad here the forum has one and has beaten the crap out of it and its still holding shape. His unibody is now frowning at you when looking at it from the side :D Its been very well used and the skid is still holding up.

AARON

Back