• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Gasket questions

fender

NAXJA Forum User
I am prepping my "new" used engine to replace my "old" blown up one. I am putting on a new oil pan gasket - ROL 1 piece gasket. Any additional gasket sealer needed? I have loctite 518 gasket maker handy and hylomar. I have always like the hylomar - would this be a good application or just stick with the rubber gasket (I have trouble trusting gaskets by themselves but want other opinions).

Also the local parts stores don't seem to have any throttle body gaskets - will a thin film of gasket maker work?

Thanks

Last edited:
If it's the MOPAR oil pan gasket, DON"T use any thing other than the gasket. You will be fine. Just make sure it's all lined up and get's torqued down to spec. Good luck

only use a dab of sealer where the timing cover meets the block to help seal that crack/division up. and you should try to find a t/b gasket, it should only be a couple bucks even from a dealership if you have to go to one. is your old one not usable anymore?

Back