• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

oil coming up ARB air line????

mattyj

NAXJA Forum User
So i have an ARB in my D30 that has about 3000miles on it & maybe 6 days wheelin. I have noticed that there is a mist of gear oil coming out the pressure relief valve when i disengage the locker.

The locker seems to be holding pressure as the compressor takes about 15-20 minutes to cycle.

How common is this problem & what is likelyhood of it progressing to something worse if not taken care of pronto??

First thing you can do is make sure your axle vent tube is not clogged. That should do it. However it does state in the installation manual that some of the Dana30's (probably older ones) do not have adequate drainage slots between the tubes and the housing. They say this can lead to the problems you describe and the installer was to create drainage slots if they are not there. I doubt this is the case on your '98 since it is on the newer end but just in case I thought I'd mention it.

Back