• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Another S10 leaf question

Cowboydoc

NAXJA Forum User
Hey all...Thanks to all who have thrown parts at me for the last few weeks...I'm finally getting around to getting my Eep back up there....Quick question. I'm trying to top out at a 2.5" lift from a bastard pack..I have the stock springs off of a 2000, now I just need to know if anyone knows how many S10 leaves to add to get around 2-2.5 inches. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Or if anyone knows where I can find a 2.5" lift pack that is also good info to have right now.

Take it easy,
Doc

I have the S10 set up with just XJ main, S10 2nd and S10 3rd and overload for around 4". I'm thinking of ditching the overload and adding the S10 main to my pack. But I would say just adding the S10 main may give you the 2" - 2.5" you are looking for.

Anybody run the actual S10 pack, main leaf and all, in place of the XJ pack? I have a pair sitting in my garage next to stock packs and they're only about 2" longer at static height. Has anybody just moved the center pin so it locates the axle and run it as it came? How much lift? TIA.

xj92 said:
Anybody run the actual S10 pack, main leaf and all, in place of the XJ pack? I have a pair sitting in my garage next to stock packs and they're only about 2" longer at static height. Has anybody just moved the center pin so it locates the axle and run it as it came? How much lift? TIA.

You would probably have to do something similar to what I did to run full F150 packs.
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=901160

I could build a new rearward mount like you did, or for that matter just move the front mount forward and not re-drill the hole so the axle rides in the middle of the springs, but I was more hoping that with just a 2" difference I could use boomerang shackles and be done with it since the shackle angle on stock springs isn't that great anyways. I'll probably just buy the boomerang shackles from TNT cause they're the cheapest and give the least lift, and try it. I was just hoping somebody had successfully done it before.

Back