• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

KEYLESS ENTRY?'S

alwaysready

NAXJA Forum User
Ok now if a cherokee has keyless entry will it have a upper center console with the temp mileage, etc..
i though i remeber reading that the keyless entry computer is in the upper console. is that true?
if a cherokee doesnt have keyless is it easy to add?
all cherokees didnt come with keyless right?
im asking because im still looking and wanted to get keyless entry either with it or later and was just curious if it had keyless would it automatically come with the center computer for mileage etc..

I have keyless and no center computer so i would say its not automaticly included, It probaly all depends on the modle your getting sport, classic or limited

For the 97+ models, you do not have to have the overhead computer to have keyless....Mine has keyless, with no overhead computer.

As far as the older models, I know keyless was an option, but i'm not sure if that meant they automatically came with the overhead computer or not.

Keyless on my 92 is just a bezel with a black dome reciever towards the front of the headliner, no overhead console. My fathers 01 has no overhead console either, the board for the keyless is under the domelight trim.

Hey I had 96 4 door sport with keyless, and it had the overhead, and ive also had a 97 2dr sport with keyless and no overhead console, and now ive got a 98sport (hopefully ill keep this one for a while) with keyless and no console so i think the year has a lot to do with it also

In mine the keyless entry (ke) receiver is a little black half-dome in the upper console; I have the limited edition with the temp etc in the console. In anyway, even if the XJ didn't have it, it should be fairly easy to install an aftermarket ke, for example check out

http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/P...000494/c-10101

If the XJ has the receiver installed but there are no remotes (pretty common) you can get a replacement @

http://www.thejeep.com/piland.html

Good luck!

Back