• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

People with Rigidco Bumpers on 97+

ZachMan

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Memorial Lifetime Member
Finally got mine all mounted up and I am happy. Okay so I left about a 1/2- 3/4" gap between the top of the bumper an the bottom of my grill/front end. So I go to mount the (I got a reciever hitch model) reciever plate behind the Jeep bulkhead and the bottom two bolts go through the holes fine, but not through the oval cutout in the Jeeps bulkhead. I have to angle them upwards to get them through, so the bumper will have to be moved up for this to work.

So my wondering is it looks like the bumper will be sitting pretty much up against the front end of the Jeep for these bolts to make it cleanly through the oval cut out in the Jeeps bulkhead and that doesn't seem right. So would it be better to just trim some of the oval out on the Jeeps bulkhead to make clearance for the bolts to go through cleanly and flush? I really like how the bumper is now and I don't think the bumper sitting right under the grill is going to be good when I get to flexing.

Pics:

Maybe if I push the bumper up enough for the bottom of its bracket to be flush with the bottom of the side brackets that would be enough?

rigidbolt2.jpg

I don't know:

rigidbolt.jpg

rigidbolt3.jpg

rigidon.jpg

Last edited:
Ummmm, you can trim the front crossmember, but why not just move the bumper up where its supposed to be? I've never had my bumper shift on me and I've landed the whole front end on it a few times and flexing doesn't ever mess with the bumper. Another option would be to elongate the holes in the bumper and not the bulkhead.....a harder option, but another one.

the title.....Rigid co.... guy out in Utah named Terry makes them.

I didn't know it was or should be mounted higher, 53guy I actually used your pics as a reference and they look about the same..

till I came across RuggedJeeps pics:

DSCN2716.jpg

Yeah I'll be moving it up tommorow.

Hahaha, awesome...well, I actually don't have much room at all, maybe 1/4 inch. just a sec, I'll go get some picts.

53guy said:
Hahaha, awesome...well, I actually don't have much room at all, maybe 1/4 inch. just a sec, I'll go get some picts.

Probably looked at your "in the mounting process" pics and not fully tightened product.

Well atleast it all makes me feel btter, lol.

Ok, it's freaking cold outside! Here is the way it sits now....

Pass side
standard.jpg

standard.jpg

Drivers side
standard.jpg

Bolts in question....
standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

That any help? Looks like I just crushed the lip.....because I know I didn't trim that...I'm way too lazy for that!

Yes sir, looks like mine will mount right up with a hit of the rubber mallot on each side :D

EDIT: Ooo I gotta push it in some too to get the mount fkush with the bulkhead, cool beans.

Thanks for the pixors mang.

Back