• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Has anyone ever moved the rear speaker bar

cj11

NAXJA Forum User
Like the titles say can it be done. Want to move up in front of rear seat belts. Damn 31 fits to tight can not get it up on the side wall.

you can move it wherever you want, it just hangs on the side mouldings. just gotta lengthen the wires. you might end up with a gap around the top edge of it because the headliner is shaped different in that area than in the rear where it normally sits. this will make your rear speakers sound like crap unless you get sealed speakers like the ones they put in the doors from the factory.

go for it i did it, but i just fiberglassed over the back where its open and made it a sealed chamber :D

good luck
-mike

Any pics and are there any holes in the headliner. That tire would fit nice if I move it. Thanks for the quick reply.

cj11 said:
Any pics and are there any holes in the headliner. That tire would fit nice if I move it. Thanks for the quick reply.

yes i have removed mine to mod it. I am going to fiberglass mine up, and put fiberfill in and drill out the holes and put in a 6" speaker.

I dont have pics, but you simply remove the pop off rear light (i assume yours has a light mine does) then there is some rivets you need to drill out.)

There will be a hole in the head liner but you can simply fab up some angle brackets and get a junkyard overhead light of the same era and put that in back to cover the whole if that sorta thing bothers you.

Back