• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RC6.5" vs Rusty's 6.5 long arm

deadmanwalking

NAXJA Forum User
which would you pick and why? Money is of lil consiquence since i will have to save for it anyway. what are your opionions and what are the pros and cons of these 2 lifts?

THalladay said:
I have the Rusty's 6.5" kit and it has sagged pretty badly over 2-3 years. I'm currently in the process of replacing it with RE 5.5" springs & Boomerang shackles + JKS ACOS.

how much sag. and what do you think is the cause? springs? over abuse? etc..

My Rustys 6.5 rear springs have only sagged about 1/2 an inch in the three years they've been on. I had more problems with the Atlas Bending them. :scared:
Only part on the XJ that hasn't broken yet is the Long Arms/front coils, (T-case break was a tera Low, not the Atlas)

I purchased th RC 6.5" and installed it last November. It is a fairly straight forward install for two people. No additional parts were required. (However I did get the HD lower control arm mounts from J C Whitney , because the originals are sheet metal. ) The kit aligns well, obviously rides a bit stiff in the rear, but handles all hard driving offroad that it's built for. Some of the other guys have RE's but I don't see the value for the extra money. They don't go anywhere we can't.

you get what you pay for with a lift.

if i were you if stray far away from rustys and Rough Country.

All the products ive had from both those comapines were utter crap...

i recommend just getting an Rubicon Express 4.5 kit and getting it with 5.5" coils and 4.5 leaf springs and a shackle.

rustys will charge you an arm and a lef for shipping. he charged me $80 for shipping some coils.

just my experiences. if i could do it again i would have held out another couple of pay checks and have been much happier.

ya ups tends to loose their products quite frequently before you get the tracking number even.......

zachxj01 said:
the big issue w/ rustys tends to be getting the product search rustys u can read about tons of people bitching about them

Rock Crawler is absolute junk and a complete waste of money! Don't do it....

I don't have any experience with Rusty's, but I've heard enough bad about his stuff I would steer clear of it too.

I personally did RE 5.5 long arm and have been very impressed with it with the product. The only regret was that I didn't do the 7.5

I had no problems at all with rustys, all the stuff i have ever ordered has got here within about 3 or 4 days. I've only had the lift on since Jan, so i can't tell you how it has preformed

98XJROKS said:
Rock Crawler is absolute junk and a complete waste of money! Don't do it....

RC=Rough Country, RK=Rock Krawler. I'd rather run RK than RC any day!

As far as choosing between those lifts, your comparing a short arm lift vs. a long arm, so If I HAD to choose between those, I'd get the Rusty's (I avoid RC at all costs due to past experiences). BUT since you have to save anyway, you really should just hold out and save for a good kit. You will be much happier in the end!

Back