• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Renix to HO head conv.

profonde

NAXJA Forum User
I know this has been covered, but to make sure if i understand correctly because i am in the process of buying parts.

I do have a 90 renix and i ll have

a 91-95 model HO head
2000-2001 intake manifold
A HO throttle body
Hesco tps adapter

are these the only parts i need for this conversion? can i use my parts like fuel rail etc from my renix?

Need a 91-95 throttle body to fit the intake.
Should use or get the 91-95 exhaust manifold and down pipe...Or for the hassle you have to go through anyways...Get the APN header for $119 and have a shop put the rest back together.

Need a 91-95 fuel rail also to bolt up to the 99-01 intake. You need the fuel lines also off the 91-95. Get enough line from the donor to make it back to the firewall.

I might be missing something...I'm tired. But I just finished up doing a stroker install last night...With many thanks to 5-90 for the tech help. All the parts I listed above are whats on my motor and it runs GREAT!!

The bolt holes or bolt tabs are in a different location than the HO on the fuel rail to the intake manifold. Some have zip tied the Renix fuel rail to the manifold. If parts are hard to come by, then you might fashion a bar, plate or strap across the bolt holes where the tabs should bolt into the HO intake and drill some holes where the RENIX fuel rails ones are into the bar, plate or whatever you want to call it. You might have to space it up to compensate for the thickness of the tabs of the fuel rail.
Tom

The 96 and up fuel rails have a single feed for fuel without the return. So you would have one line not hooked up for your renix system.

The 91-95 have a feed and return line. Will bolt up to the 99 intake properly. Just have to use the fuel lines from the 91-95 and get some fittings to connect to your renix lines at the frame rail.

I ordered some 5/16s fittings from mcmaster. It like water line fittings. Compression fitting from 5/16s to I think 3/8s pipe thread. From there I got a female 3/8s pipe thread to 5/16s barb. Put the barb end into the rubber line at the frame rail and used a hose clamp.

Fittings were good to 400PSI so they should hold up to our 39psi just fine :D

Back