• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ Wont start

nowandforever617

NAXJA Forum User
yesterday i got in my jeep, just left my house about a mile down the road it stalled out, and it wont start back up it wants to, but it wont roll all the way over, i have the 4.0 auto, the other day i took it into a mud pit and the engine is still a mess with mud. so if anybody has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated, i just want to get it going because its my baby!

"but it wont roll all the way over" If u meant that the engine will not go a full revolution, take out your spark plug, then turn over the engine, or do u mean the battery is dead, or hte starter?

we need more info!

My 90 wouldn't start and I was not getting spark. I replaced the ignitor on the rotor and it fired right up. $5.99 part. I would check for spark and if no spark this is where Iwould start.

would the spark pluggs cause it to stall out? and the noise it makes when i am trying to start it....you know that noise a carburated car makes if you dont pump the gas how it wants to start but it cant get all the way well thats what this sounds like.

Back