• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

e-bay tube bender

It is the same thing harbor freight sells. If you are bending black pipe it is ok. But it is not made for tubing unless you make special dies for it. Buy a
JD2 or a Pro Tools bender and be done with it. You pay for what you get.

Ditto... Its a PIPE bender, not a tubing bender. if you stick tube into it, youll just fucker up the tube. even with a "special" die, its not the style of bending that produces the strongest bends. the JD and model 3 bender is called a draw style bender which maintains the diameter of the tube throughout the bend. Don't waste your money, youll be disapointed.

:soapbox:
AMEN BRUTHA!!!
Another soul hath beeneth saved...

Ok, just shoot me now...

I have the JD2 Model 3 built the stand and bought the steel for the handle locally. Much cheaper. With dies and bender I was at 900.00 I bought the 1.5 and 1.75 5.5 CLR dies. Spend the extra money and get the Bend Tech Software. I have not wasted any tubing yet. And if you use DOM you will not want to waste any of it either..... Anywhere from 3.60 - 5.50 a foot for the 1.75 x .120 wall. Good Luck...

yeah, I have one of those... I use it to bend solid rod and flat stock. Like making brackets and stuff. you can bend 1/4" x 2" wide flat stock to make hooks, brackets.... you can bend around a different dies from 1" to 3" around as well as make square corners...
but as far as bending tubing. stop looking at places like HF and sears and crap. those searches have been exhausted. just try and find the best deal you can on the JD tools or model 3 manual draw bender.
Don't look at trying to use an exhaust bender either from your local muffler shop. you need a draw style bender the draws the tube from one end, thru the bender. Exhaust benders are stretch style benders that stretch the tube from the middle of the bend out which does not maintain the integrety of the tubeing.

Back