• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE Hack & Tap with stock front D.S.!?

jforse

NAXJA Forum User
I searched for this last week and had found a thread. Of course I can't find it now.:confused1

I have a 99 with the 4.0, and 242. I want to do a h&t. I can't remember if the stock front DS will bolt to the flange that comes in the h&t kit. I remember a post about an adapter available through NAPA. Not sure if I'm confusing threads here? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!:thumbup:

Thanks,
-J

jforse said:
I searched for this last week and had found a thread. Of course I can't find it now.:confused1

I have a 99 with the 4.0, and 242. I want to do a h&t. I can't remember if the stock front DS will bolt to the flange that comes in the h&t kit. I remember a post about an adapter available through NAPA. Not sure if I'm confusing threads here? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!:thumbup:

Thanks,
-J
spicer part 211229x, or rockford 404A

When I put the H&T on my `95 using an XJ front shaft, I had to lengthen the shaft by 2.25". This was in addition to using the Spicer flange. I had the 4.0/AW4/242 combo and was sitting at about 4" of lift.

baseballneal86 said:
When I put the H&T on my `95 using an XJ front shaft, I had to lengthen the shaft by 2.25". This was in addition to using the Spicer flange. I had the 4.0/AW4/242 combo and was sitting at about 4" of lift.

Which rearend do you have? D35? Mine is the 8.25" Wondering if the housings are different length.

My 98 AW4/242/8.25 took my front shaft (32 inches static height) with the RE SYE flange and the Spicer adapter flange. Just be sure to get one out of a AW4/242 to be sure.

jforse said:
Which rearend do you have? D35? Mine is the 8.25" Wondering if the housings are different length.

Mine had the 8.25" rear. I tried a few different front shafts and all of them were too short. I needed one that was about 35" in length.

Back