• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

tire and lift question before i order

kenny schmitt

NAXJA Forum User
So im almost done retorquing all the bolts under my 96 2dr xj and im about to order 6.5" lift from rusty with those dick cepek MCII's (iv never heard anything about them) but with price aside i wanted the pro comp xterrains the got a great all aroung write up in jp. what does anyone think about the xterrains being worth $30 more per tire i do drive alot on the road so i fgured the x's would work great. the other thing is do i need 6.5 to clear 33's? or is that overkill and any bad words about rustys, i was considering rough country. And im gonna go woth the tom woods SYE and shaft? Last think im shopping around where or how can i save on shipping and prices and or deals for package with lift SYE shaft tires and wheels...........thanks

I've been running Rusty's stuff on multiple rigs and have no complaints other than their shipping is very high. It all depends on what you order from them, but they tend to be a bit high on shipping in my opinion. If your planning on doing some offroading, then 6.5" is waht you will want to run 33's/ If your not worried about rubbing and all of that, then yes, you can get by with less lift. There are alot of guys out there running 33's on less lift, it is mainly user preferance and depends on what kind of wheeling you do. As far as Rough Country stuff, I have ran their lift on one XJ and one TJ, I liked the cheap price, but thought that their stuff was just not as quality as either Rusty's or RE. Just my $.02

You can run 33's with 4.5" of lift it is really up to you if you want to trim finders or not. 6.5" of lift should be more then enough lift to clear 33's, but you might end up wanting to put on bigger tires later on.

im trying not to want bigger tires what i get now i was planning on sticking with and i want alot of flex so as long as 6.5 isnt overkill with 33's then im ok with that i havnt found any good 34" out there and im running stock gears 4now but now onto what tire x terrain or dick cepek MCII

I have a friend with the x-terrains on his '00 superduty and they wore like crap. I've been curious about the mud countrys

I would run 4.5" of lift for 33" tires, and do some trimming. Low CG is key. If you need to bump the lift up another .5-.75 inches, it's easy.

DC tires are really really good mud tires from what I've seen. Stick with 15" rim though, it gets expensive realy quick otherwise!

Back