• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

y-link install

*xj-man*

NAXJA Forum User
well, i just recently moved to the dark side. i broke down and bought a tnt y link up grade for my jeep. i bought it from a shop, and its the OLD style(which i like a little more) but i didnt come with directions..i was wondering if anyone could give me some tips, guidelines, maybe some instructions, torque settings...etc.etc.

-i found this thread and have been reading it for the past week http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=63395
-i know you should install the flex joint side first because of the exhuast but if anyone had any information that would be good to know prior to the install, that would be great
-erik

PM me your address and I will send you a photo copy of the instructions. I just intalled My Y-Link and still have the install packet. I do however have a few tips to make it easier to install. their directions are great but I highly recommend removing T-case, yes it's an extra step but it is not difficult. Your reward for this is an exceptionally improved area to do your drilling and marking of holes on the inside of the frame rails. I have installed two kits the first we did not remove T-case, the second we did. world of difference.
Cleatus92
Trevor

any other comments?

i really was hoping to leave the tracnsfer case in.

cleatus92-i sent a p'm with my email...
i plan on starting the install tomorrow and should have a right up.

Last edited:
Call or email TnT. They will help you out. I lost mine, and called. In 10 min they sent them to me, and I was on my way.

I didnt remove the tcase and it was fine. Just needed a little bit of weird drilling, and it all worked out.

the old style? didnt know there was a new and old. hopefully i got the new on mine... i just installed like a month or so ago.

the old style has non adjustable lower arms, and has different bushings.
the new style has adjustable lower arms (for people running 4.5in of lift) and improved bushings

Some tips for you:

A) If you wheel the y-link, be sure to reinforce the axle mounts as they are basically total crap from the factory. The TnT mounting system is so strong, it will rip the mounts right off the tubes if you get crazy with the skinny pedal.

B) Don't paint the y-link until you're finished installing it. The paint will get screwed up (not that I care, but some people cry about this and end up being angry with TnT somehow.. There's no crying in baseball). ;)

C) Use a Unibit or Step-Drill bit on the rails. It will make short work of the drilling process and you're less likely to make a mistake.

D) Be very careful of the fuel and brake lines. Both brake fluid and fuel (DUH!) are flammable. Not to mention the potential for catostrophic failure if you knick a brake hard line and introduce a slow leak that could surprise you someday rounding that moving chicane. ;)

That's about it. Enjoy the install. it's not hard, just takes some thought.

bigolexj said:
Some tips for you:

A) If you wheel the y-link, be sure to reinforce the axle mounts as they are basically total crap from the factory. The TnT mounting system is so strong, it will rip the mounts right off the tubes if you get crazy with the skinny pedal.

B) Don't paint the y-link until you're finished installing it. The paint will get screwed up (not that I care, but some people cry about this and end up being angry with TnT somehow.. There's no crying in baseball). ;)

C) Use a Unibit or Step-Drill bit on the rails. It will make short work of the drilling process and you're less likely to make a mistake.

D) Be very careful of the fuel and brake lines. Both brake fluid and fuel (DUH!) are flammable. Not to mention the potential for catostrophic failure if you knick a brake hard line and introduce a slow leak that could surprise you someday rounding that moving chicane. ;)

That's about it. Enjoy the install. it's not hard, just takes some thought.

Summed up great! Also, you dont have to remove the transfer case as said before. I didnt remove mine, just get a right angle drill or drill attachment. Its not that hard just takes time, especially if you install thier frame stiffeners. One suggestion, if you ever plan to install thier frame stiffeners then wait untill you have them to install the long arm kit or you will be going through all of it twice! Fame stiffeners arent that much more and weld on nicely!

well i installed it yesturday....went well but it was just time consuming
i didnt need to use the angle drill like everyone told me and i had 2 studs in place of the 6 mounting bolts on the bottom...overall im very happy.

ill have pics when i get home...

did anyone have this problem...i like rattle sound not the exhuast but whenever i turn right there is this rattleling/knocking sounds that just started after i installed the kit.. and only when i turn right

Here are the photos of my y-link w/ frame stiffeners.

The Front end (needs an alignment)
2ch9l02.jpg

The skid, arms, and stiffeners
4413vgn.jpg

More skid
2v0k5zk.jpg

The rig
2ibc4ec.jpg

Back