• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

just thougth I would share since other are :)

RWKHausSupply

NAXJA Forum User
Well been accumilating parts for the dana 60 front and 14bolt rear.

Front to be rockjock III based on the Dana 60 HP
Currie doing the center section cut for TJ/XJ fitment on housing and 3"od tubes,I will cut it to set at aprox 66" wms
ARB
5:38 gears
35 spline Dutchman 4340 custom length inner axles
35 spline Yukon 4340 outer ford axles
stock spicer ujoints
1350 billet yoke
Dedenbear king pin Inner C's
Tanked and painted Ford knuckles, spindles and caliper brackets
New dual pistion ford calipers and rotors
Staying 8 lug
35 spline drive slugs
balistic fab, spring and LCA brackets with shock mounts incorporated
KOZ high steer pass side arm

Rear 14 bolt from 75 (ish) 1 ton stock 30 spline 66.5"WMS (i know 67" is what its supose to be)
Detroit
5:38 gears
1350 Ubolt yoke
Ruffstuff caliper brackets
New chevy calipers and rotors
staying 8 lug
GLO pinion skid
TNT ubolt elim. in a 1.5" lift

Then got some 325/80R16 xterrains for now and looking for some steel 16" rims and going to do DIY beadlocks. Going to lift it about 2" also front (ACOS) and rear (ubolt elim.).

Hoping to get this done and bring it for its first on dirt trip to big bear on the 4th of may, will see though.

still awaiting lots of parts in the mail though, but heres some pictures..

P1000169.jpg

P1000172.jpg

P1000173.jpg

before paint
P1000159.jpg

P1000158.jpg

P1000056.jpg

These things are huge.. well compared to my D30 and what I am used to.
P1000157.jpg

P1000151.jpg

damn. sounds like you hit the lotto :)

5.38s eh? cant wait to see it all done

djblade311 said:
damn. sounds like you hit the lotto :)

5.38s eh? cant wait to see it all done

Yeah with the 4.86 and 35" tires it still was not the greatest on the highway, now with 5:38 and 37's it should be a bit better.

Lotto, not really... Just sold the D30 and 8.8 for close to the cost of the front end and parts, and the rear really is not that much $, total about 1000 for used 14bolt and all parts.

I dont think I will have time or resourses to shave the 14 bolt completely before Bib bear but the plan is to shave as much as poss without shaving the ring gear. The 14 bolt fits nicely in the rear with the same length driveshaft and ujoint as the 8.8 even. Just about 50% stronger and 200lbs more :)

them there are some purty blue parts....

So how long 'til the beast is rolling on these axles? What tires you plan to run?

rpraterxj said:
them there are some purty blue parts....

So how long 'til the beast is rolling on these axles? What tires you plan to run?

well I mentioned all that, but.. hopeful for big bear on may 4th - 6th. and on a 325/80x16" (37") tire for now. Got'em for a great price and its theXterrains with the XTC sidewall and compound. with the rockjock being as high clearance as it is and ultimately the rear 14bolt being shaved some, it wont suffer I hope to much ground clearance loss, but thats to be seen. Since its bugified I can always go up to 38.5 or 40's I guess later. I just wanted a better final drive ratio though and the 37's with the lowest gear the 14bolt will take was 5:38's.

ROBERTK said:
well I mentioned all that, but.. hopeful for big bear on may 4th - 6th. and on a 325/80x16" (37") tire for now. Got'em for a great price and its theXterrains with the XTC sidewall and compound. with the rockjock being as high clearance as it is and ultimately the rear 14bolt being shaved some, it wont suffer I hope to much ground clearance loss, but thats to be seen. Since its bugified I can always go up to 38.5 or 40's I guess later. I just wanted a better final drive ratio though and the 37's with the lowest gear the 14bolt will take was 5:38's.
A friend of mine has 37's and 5:38's and it works very well on the freeway when he had 40's it had a lot less gumption for hills

ROBERTK said:
well I mentioned all that, but.. .

So you did! Sorry, I got distracted by the pics... :wave1:

Sounding good Robert.

You probably won't need to shave it for Big Bear but JV will be another story.

The Spiocer stuff is a good call since it is still twice as strong as the 44 stuff and you'll be on 37s

-Avery

cracker said:
Sounding good Robert.

You probably won't need to shave it for Big Bear but JV will be another story.

The Spiocer stuff is a good call since it is still twice as strong as the 44 stuff and you'll be on 37s

-Avery

Yeah I would have done all reg ole spicer in the front, but theres no stock 35sp ford outers and the inners are custom length, and dutchman is the only place for quick production custom 35sp 60 fronts and theirs are only 4340 also. not bad though, like 350 delivered for the pair of inners and they are thru hardened and rolled splines.

4xSanta said:
Welcome fellow 60/14 guy,so you carry the spare and I can leave mine at home!

There is no point in having a spare with that axle set up on 37s :confused:

4xSanta said:
Welcome fellow 60/14 guy,so you carry the spare and I can leave mine at home!

Spares? Spare what? Tranny or 21sp TC? lol Cause if I break a 35sp front axle or 30sp 14 bolt rear then I am really doing something right... I will carry spare driveshafts and ujoints though. maybe one outer ford stub when I get the 125$ for a spare part together.

You ever break anything?

4xSanta said:

:laugh:

you mentioned axles :laugh2:

You two can 'plow' your way through the trails :D

cracker said:
You two can 'plow' your way through the trails :D

ONE of you need to make the 14 bolt work! Bring it on down and I'LL shave the damn thing.
I was always hoping it was Ken's driving that caused his Cherokee to double as a rock plow!! :D
It sure would make a build up a lot cheaper if I could get a 14 bolt to work out....

Rick

Jump This said:
ONE of you need to make the 14 bolt work! Bring it on down and I'LL shave the damn thing.
I was always hoping it was Ken's driving that caused his Cherokee to double as a rock plow!! :D
It sure would make a build up a lot cheaper if I could get a 14 bolt to work out....

Rick
My 14 is shaved,but maybe it still has a small beard,if I was not playing bulldozer what would we talk about!

4xSanta said:
My 14 is shaved,but maybe it still has a small beard,

:laugh3: :wow: :eek:

I thought this was a family program.... LOL

You better be careful, this may get moved to the "den" with statements like that....

:cheers:

well a few more pictures of new ariving parts..

Currie bare tubed Ironjock III housing. I have to say Currie and Russ really helped with this one. And even though I have to say good things about Chris over at Currie, I can also say that when I picked up the housing, there was a issue that was overlooked in the build (not in sales), but was easily taken care of. Just glad I caught it before I got home and stated building it.
P1000180.jpg

The monster rear disc and hubs for the 14 bolt.
P1000184.jpg

I was able over the easter weekend to get the 14bolt in the jeep with the TNT ubolt eliminators, and the Ruffstuff caliper brackets and chevy K20 brake parts. All the way down to the wheel/tires on the rear. Now I have to remove the 14bolt and cut and grind some on the u-bolt elim. some to clear the caliper hose banjo bolts and drill a hole in them for the brake house mount.

Now its on to the front housing, till the carrier/gears for the rear 14, and the ARB for the front arrives later in the week (I hope).

Hoping to get it done by April 28th for the Tinbenders jambo at the Hammers, but doubtful. Theres about 6 days in just front inner axle build and delivery time.

Back