• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

great falls?

ktmXJ261

NAXJA Forum User
i just got my xj and i just moved to great falls from AZ about 8 months ago. i dont know were many good trails are so if anyone knows of any near great falls let me know

Not quite the middle of nowhere, atleast there are elevations chages there.

Not sure on the amount of trails there but I have a feeling most of them are on private land. MT is an awfully green state, which sucks.

Check out M4x4A.org Maybe get sign up for the divide ride, usually a fun time. There was a post about it in the Trail ride section I think.

There are many trails, but not many of great difficulty. The best trails close to Great Falls are in the Little Belt Mountains. Yogo Peak and the higher trails are only accesible in late July to September because snow will keep them closed all other times.

The best way into the Little Belts is through Sluice Boxes state park. Then just take off and explore...Majestic Peak, many mines, Lick creek cavern, many things to been seen and explored.

The Great Falls 4x4 club (Cascaed 4wheelers) is mostly into organized racing and does little in trail rides. The nearest club that wheels on a regular basis is the Helena club. They have more trails to choose from as well.

Back