• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

what are the 3 toggles switcheds under radio?

alwaysready

NAXJA Forum User
i test drove 3 xj's today.
wasnt really paying attention but the first one i think had all 3 toggles the second one wasnt paying much attention to the truck and the 3rd i noticed had 2 of the 3 toggles.
1 i think is rear defrost
unsure of the others...
thakns in adavnce..

And what is it with these things leaking oil. esp the valve cover gasket is there a fix??
1st valve cover leaked and rear pinion
2nd valve cover transfer cas and rear pinion
3rd just the valve cover amazing...

Last edited:
under the radio? I'm assuming they were '96+, but they would be: fog lights, rear defrost, rear wiper/washer.

As for the leaks, they are factory-equipped auto-oiling anti-rust safeguards. These ensure that come hell or high water, the underside of your differential and the back of the engine block will never ever rust out.

:D

IslanderXJ said:
under the radio? I'm assuming they were '96+, but they would be: fog lights, rear defrost, rear wiper/washer.

This is correct

The order they go in starting closest to you is rear defrost, rear wiper, fog lights

The one that only had 2 switches didn't have fog lights as most if not all 97+ have rear wiper and defrost (think it may have been standard equip. actually)

ya they were all 2000-01's
thakns
ya the oil thing is funny i dont have a drop on my explorer but these things are unbelieveable its like a harley :D
ya i guess as long as its all seapage no big deal if its more than ill have to fix it.. never like doing pinion seals though so i shied away from that one a little( and it was the most beat)

alwaysready said:
these things are unbelieveable its like a harley :D

HA!! thats funny but true.....Its a mutually beneficial relationship.
It doesnt take more than a little under $20.00 to stop that valve cover leak
...................for a while.............
Good luck and welcome to the life that is Jeep XJ

i wouldn't worry about the leaks to much. they are like the exhaust manifold crack on the 99 and older 4.0L i call them factory installed options. lol make sure the valve cover bolts are snug, and other than that, just drive it.

XJPhoenix said:
As for the leaks, they are factory-equipped auto-oiling anti-rust safeguards. These ensure that come hell or high water, the underside of your differential and the back of the engine block will never ever rust out.

:D

I knew I loved Jeeps for a reason!!!:eeks1:

Back