• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

window alignment

GrimmJeeper

NAXJA Forum User
hello folks, hope someone out there can help, searched window alignment to no avail...

my 95 4 door was broken into last week, im putting in a new drivers door window from the junkyard, and i cant quite get it to line up right. it gets stuck in the track about 1/4" from being all the way up, and the last inch or so is a real PITA to roll through. i cleared all the broken glass from the channels and nothing seems bent, im guessing it has to do with the smaller stationary window not being lined up correctly. i did my best to get the screws to line up with the marks from where they were perviously mounted but its just not quite right. so does anyone have any tips on how to line it up right?

thanks
-mike

I just replaced my drivers window a few days ago. It might be that the whole small stationary window assembly is not all the way over(foward, snug in the door). I had this problem when I put in a wing window, but fixed it when I finally got it into the correct position. Might want to try getting it over as far as you can, and see if that helps any.

thats what i thought too, but its as far as it will go. watching the window as i roll it up, it seems its trying to lean forward towards the stationary window, a slight gap between the back of the glass and the back channel starts to form, then it locks up. i tried sliding the top of the stationary towards the glass a slight amount to force the glass to ride in the channel, and it didnt help any. i moved it back, and no change. it feels like its binding up against something but i cant tell what. are there differences in the glass sizes thru the years? the xj i pulled the glass from appeared to be the same body style as mine but i didnt get the year, it looked to be early 90s which should fit my 95 right?

thanks for the reply canman i appreciate the help

-mike

Mine is a 91, and replaced my glass with one from a Renix era rig.

You might want to try to loosen up the bolt/nut slightly that holds on the window at the bottom. If it is too tight, it might have trouble moving, mine did somewhat.

Same problem here ... I replaced my window and it's very tight as it nears the top. The window has a great deal of play in the channel and I figure it's a problem with alignment, but I can't tell what needs to move and which way for sure.

I'm thinking the vent window is misaligned, but it's a tight fit where it's at already. Summer is almost here and I need to get this working right!

Back