• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Question about shocks

TunaSoda

NAXJA Forum User
Hey everyone,

I'm new here, my last rig was an Xterra that I recently totaled, and just picked up a '92 XJ Sport last night :D
(finaly, a solid axle)

Anyway, I've always been told that Bilstein Shocks were the cream of the crop, is this true for Jeeps?

My XJ has a 4.5" lift right now, and I'm going to be raising it up another 2" or so with poly spacers/shackles to fit my 33's

I was wondering what everyone recommends for shocks? and what travel I need to look at getting?
(and if I'm better off with a certain spring/shock combo?)

Sorry if this is covered in another thread, I did do a search and read through the FAQ's!
:helpme:

The bilstein shocks are prety good but the best in my opinion are the Old Man Emu Nitro Chargers.

reelbigdundy87 said:
The bilstein shocks are prety good but the best in my opinion are the Old Man Emu Nitro Chargers.
Read up on those, they seem pretty sweet, and not a bad price

As far as springs go i personally like how rustys feel all around, but i havent really tried too many of the alternatlives, though from what ive bought from them, rubicon express, makes some tough parts.

Welcome to NAXJA, IMO you cant go wrong with Bilstein. Old Man Emu although a bit pricey has a good shock also. You can talk to Dirk at www.DPGOffroad.com to get the low down on the OME stuff.
Good Luck.

Back