• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

club run

nobody made it up that hill that day. also the white cherokee was running chains in the back. after about half the day they dug it down enough so below 35 inch tires you would hit you diff on a rock in the center

nice to see a fellow canadian on here..... i just bought a 1989 Jeep cherokee limited with 232XXX kms on it runs like a champ other than when i shift the Tcase into 4 high or even part time my front drivers axle makes a really loud knocking sound as if the gears arnt grabbing

alright oil town Xj i had my jeep up on the hoist today to change some tires and i got curious and started spinning the drivers front tire and i can hear a "grinding" sound coming from the Tcase..... now the mechanic said theres a chain in there or something... is it correct and how hard is it to replace?

hey guys, looking great, and you still have snow too! ahaha

I may have to come down there to wheel with you guys this summer!

Looking good!

Jeff

Yes their is your T-case is chain operated, its not to easy to change but if you do it your self you will save alot more money. It does involve removing your T-case from that Truck and disasembling the the T-case.

That white XJ is mine. Yeah I was running chains for part of the day. I'm locked in the rear and the chains helped me dig through the mud to the ice below and really helped quite a bit actually. next step is to lock the front and get another set of chains... then I might stand a chance on that hill.

Cypress said:
alright oil town Xj i had my jeep up on the hoist today to change some tires and i got curious and started spinning the drivers front tire and i can hear a "grinding" sound coming from the Tcase..... now the mechanic said theres a chain in there or something... is it correct and how hard is it to replace?

Honestly you could get a 232 out of a junkyard cherokee (just make sure it's a 90 or older) and put it cheaper and more easily than a new chain.

Back