• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Leaf spring Main Leaf Length?

CartsXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Alrigth so I've done teh whole search thing and kinda have an idea but not really. I am have a RE/Rusty's bastard pack in the back with RE 1.5 extended shackles and well, my shackle is pointed forward. This set-up gives the right ride height and support for my heavy C-rok bumper/tire carrier/spare/Hi-lift and all my tools spares and extras, but the ride and flex sucks.

SO is there a main leaf out there that I can use that is longer than the RE main leaf to get my shackle pointed in the right direction? I have thougth about designing and fabbing up a new shackle mount, I don't want to go higher, and this means playing with the multiple leafs I have sitting around and more tahn likely new shackles. I am just looking to change out main leafs and keep the rest.

Anybody got any ideas?

dodge 1/2 ton van main 23x 31/ cherokee 23x28 5/8. perfect fit for that desired shackle angle and you don't have to mess with relocation. yrs are 79 thru 96 i think. go to generalleafspring.com for exact yrs

the only thing is that you'll have to get a different set of bushings. theres a write-up on it. i have a set sitting in my yard. pm me if your interested in them.

Yes, I've read the write up about 5 times and have a set sitting in my yard also. I also ordered up a set of shackle relocation brackets from brian. Will be doing a complete write up on leafs, shackle swap, axle swap and finally traction bar. I am basically redoing the rear suspension, for better ride and flex.

Change bushings why? in that write up he used 3/4 ton van leafs that have the oval bushing. early year 1/2 tons dont use that oval style bushing. 1/2 ton is 4 leafs.are the leafs you have 4 leaf 1/2 ton? thx

If you read that 6 page thread on dodge van leafs TNT tried to tell people watching thread that 1/2 tons were the way to go. but everyone get's all excited and don't pay attention. even if new bushings are needed it's a small price to have a good shackle angle. i am using the whole 1/2 ton pack in mine. TNT had all the info in that thread on page 4. i had already went to various leaf spring mfg's websites prior to thread.

the rear bushings dont have the metal sleeve in them. it said to use dakota bushings i believe no really sure.

Back