• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Help

TackerT

NAXJA Forum User
My 93xj on the way home from Big Bear last weekend. It made a little pop and stop running so I had it towed home. The fuel pressure it good and I have a nice spark. So I put a new crank sensor in and the same thing.It turns over and nothing if I hold it wide open it will pop a little. HELP PLEASE IM GOING CRAZY with this problem!!!!

ask this in the tech section. was the pop more of a backfire through the intake or a mechanial pop/clunk? I would start with the throttle body cleaning. Check your IAC, TPS, etc

When cranking it, does the tach register?

(Let's see how long it takes for this thread to be moved to the Tech Forums)

Does it continuely pop as its cranking or does it pop once each time you try cranking it??

Describe the pop. Is it deep pop?? Is there a hiss or a tick to the pop?? Does it crank faster or slower after the pop??

It'll be helpful if you have someone crank it while you try and locate where the noise is coming from..

hmmm.. I don't know.. ... Timing chain??

Elias

djblade311 said:
ask this in the tech section.

X2

5-90 in OEM Tech would probably be able to help you a ton.

EliasJ123 said:
(Let's see how long it takes for this thread to be moved to the Tech Forums)

Does it continuely pop as its cranking or does it pop once each time you try cranking it??

Describe the pop. Is it deep pop?? Is there a hiss or a tick to the pop?? Does it crank faster or slower after the pop??

It'll be helpful if you have someone crank it while you try and locate where the noise is coming from..

hmmm.. I don't know.. ... Timing chain??

Elias

check and see if your distributor moved, sound like you have timing problem.

The distrbutor doesent move but you did help me . I opened the cap and little piece of metal on the rotor came off Kragen LOL .After replacing the crank sencer pain in the a with a long arm kit thanks everyone sorry for not posting it in the tech

TackerT said:
The distrbutor doesent move but you did help me . I opened the cap and little piece of metal on the rotor came off Kragen LOL .After replacing the crank sencer pain in the a with a long arm kit thanks everyone sorry for not posting it in the tech
Happened to me not too long ago. Check the lateral play in the dist. shaft. Mine was excessive and I think it might have caused the rotor tip to contact the cap terminals so it went breaky, breaky....
New dist installed, so it should be good for at least another 150k miles.

Kyung

Back