• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Exhaust manifold cracks again, BOLLOCKS!

92DripCherokee

NAXJA Forum User
Son bitch cracked again, inside the collector's crotch where the repair weld did'nt reach.

I had my cracked manifold MIG welded during my motor swap. Trying to save money, BAD IDEA. Better to go for broke, fix the heap, and get some sleep.

Don't know what I'll buy to replace it. Seems like every single replacement cracks except the cast iron split manifolds, and they wont fit the head's ports.

-If you ever swore they can't be welded, you were right. It lasted 2 months.The new welds create even more stress on that damn collector joint. Mine sounds like a "chuff" at idle and "tick" under load, and I sound like Yosemite Sam when I hear it.

High_Performance_Manifold.jpg

My Brother got one of these from eBay, when his exhaust Manifold cracked on his Jeep Wrangler 4.0L L6. I helped him put it on, that was 5 years ago and the manifold is still going strong and has now lasted longer than the OEM that would have cost hundreds to replace. His cracked in the collector crotch.

I was a bit skeptical about the bellows on the outer tubes, but apparently it works, takes up the stress of the expansion/contraction of heating/cooling.

Make sure your motor mounts and transmission mount are all good.....

I put new motor mounts on during the motor swap, hoping that would prevent the cracking.

Must have cracked from heat distortion this time, both from the welding and daily driving.

My wife actually said "Why don't you take it to the dealer". Don't get me started! Anyone here can answer that for me. The list of reasons to never take your jeep to the dealer grows every day.

92DripCherokee said:
I put new motor mounts on during the motor swap, hoping that would prevent the cracking.

Must have cracked from heat distortion this time, both from the welding and daily driving.

My wife actually said "Why don't you take it to the dealer". Don't get me started! Anyone here can answer that for me. The list of reasons to never take your jeep to the dealer grows every day.
Stealership !

Back