• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tech In Socal

cracker

NAXJA Forum User
Guys (and Remi),

There seems to be a LOT of tech lately in the SoCal Chapter forum. If it is a California specific thing (i.e. Smog or something that relates to local pertinent laws) I would assume it is acceptable. Dif Covers, ring and pinion patterns, etc technically should be in other forums as these other forums are dedicated to tech.

I have moved a couple of the threads already and can move more but I wanted to make sure we are all on the same page.

At the top of our forum, it states:

SoCal Chapter Discussion of Chapter issues. Please keep Tech Topics on the Tech Forums.
Regardless this is Dan's and Remi's domain.

Discuss.

Last edited:
Well my issue I found is that IF I go over to say mod or advanced fab, and ask a question like, what is the spacing from the kingpin out to the WMS for 60. I will get maybe 2 replys and say stuff like well just call dedenbear(they dont know or wont tell ya I tried).

If I come here and go hey Avery or ... or ... What did you find was the ....... Then I feel I have a better chance and getting that info, since maybe you or others may not go there as much as here. But I do feel that that question would belong in mod or adv tech?

ROBERTK said:
Well my issue I found is that IF I go over to say mod or advanced fab, and ask a question like, what is the spacing from the kingpin out to the WMS for 60. I will get maybe 2 replys and say stuff like well just call dedenbear(they dont know or wont tell ya I tried).

If I come here and go hey Avery or ... or ... What did you find was the ....... Then I feel I have a better chance and getting that info, since maybe you or others may not go there as much as here. But I do feel that that question would belong in mod or adv tech?

Robert,

You seem to have some 'advanced' questions in regards to your future mods. I would recommend starting a thread and sending me a PM and send me a link. IIRC you did get some responses to your spacing question(s) and I hope we led you the correct direction.

The biggest benefit to keeping stuff in tech, especially this 'unique' stuff, is that others can see it and learn from it. Vetteboy, for example, may have gone through the same thing a week ago and might be the best to answer your question OR there just may not be enough in SoCal that can answer your question appropriately.

Remember we gave Remi shit a while ago for over modding and I thik he may be a little 'gun shy' (no pun intended) to mod us due to us giving him absolute hell. As I stated before, it makes sense that California specific things (i.e. Smog or something that relates to local pertinent laws) should be acceptable.

BTW, call Mike at Solid Axle, he can give you that data if you use all Solid Alxe parts. ;)

-Avery

Last edited:
ohh,
so you mean more along the lines of..

I was driving home and it just quit and I put in a CPS and still nothing.. Help..

:confused1

Thanks Avery. I have noticed this, and been guilty myself.

For me, I would rather get replies from the local guys I know and trust. I understand the broad knowledge of the tech forum, and I have used/use it alot. But folks in different parts of the country have different set-ups and such.

I know I (semi) trust everyone around here because we see each other (occassionally), and we all get along (for the most part).

I do think that searching the posts in all forums for questions BEFORE posting is a good practice. But some of us a re too lazy to do that (me included, a time or two)

Anyways, not stirring the water, just voicing opinion.

:cheers: :cheers:

Those other forums don't count. Socal is where its at.

Do you think the rest of the country can handle our wonderfulness? :conceited:

:D

I don't hang in the tech sections anymore. Lots of the same ol' thing going on there. Even in the advanced Tech section. Ad. Tech is dying a slow and painfull death.
I prefer to ask all my tech questions here, if I can't get any answers here I would go to the tech section.
Heck, I have broke most things on my Cherokee now, and have a good idea about most problems/solutions anyway....
:D

Just ask ME!!

Rick

Jump This said:
Lots of the same ol' thing going on there. Even in the advanced Tech section. Ad. Tech is dying a slow and painfull death.

Ever wonder as to why this is?

Maybe if we contributed a little more it may 'come back to life'

Food for thought.

Last edited:
well why dont you re-invent the wheel or something?

cracker said:
Ever wonder as to why this is?

Maybe if we contributed a little more it may 'come back to life'

Food for thought.

cracker said:
There seems to be a LOT of tech lately in the SoCal Chapter forum. If it is a California specific thing (i.e. Smog or something that relates to local pertinent laws) I would assume it is acceptable. Dif Covers, ring and pinion patterns, etc technically should be in other forums as these other forums are dedicated to tech.

I have moved a couple of the threads already and can move more but I wanted to make sure we are all on the same page.

At the top of our forum, it states:

Regardless this is Dan's and Remi's domain.

Discuss.
That is correct: this is a SoCal chapter forum: tech issues should be asked in OEM and Tech and other appropriate forums. I know some feel that local folks might offer a better answer but that is not necessarily always the case. By posting in the other forums you benefit from a wide variety of answers/suggestions and your solution might be more complete. Also others will benefit from reading about your problem and the solution offered when it's in its appropriate place. With the number of posts that were made on NAXJA its easy to get a lot of false hits unless the search is narrowed down. One of the parameters is a forum and if the posts are in the wrong forum that means that whoever is searching will have a hard time finding it...

honestly I try and try to get the info I need in the tech foums and some times I can search enough to get what I need and other times I get shit for answers so I ask then everyone says search and some wise ass has to have and atitude about how its been covered 1000 times. so why go through all that for a simple answer to a simple question? especially when we have some of the most knowledgable jeep guys in socal

Back