• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

front hooks

GrimmJeeper

NAXJA Forum User
can anyone recommend a decent set of tow hooks w/ brackets for the front of my xj? rustys has a set for 150 with a strap, but that seems a little high.. then again i have no idea how much they should go for lol. i figure i better work out some kind of recovery point before i get out to big bear next month!

any suggestions on where i should look?

thanks guys
-mike

I have a set of the brackets that came from rusty's. got a trans4mer and can't use the brackets. All u need is a set of hooks if you want these. They are really strong I never bent them. I would take $50 and I pay to ship them to you.

For an OEM bumper stock are the best out there with Custom 4x4 coming in as a close second (although there is an angle iron brace that does not come with the C4x4 ones that is necessary). What you want is all of the parts in this illustration.

towhookbrackets.gif

28 is the bracket I was talking about. 5 is another important bracket that a lot of aftermarket tow hooks do not have.

Hit the yard!

(If you need any pointers to the installation my Chief runs the OEM tow hooks so you can look at it.)

GSequoia said:
Hit the yard!

(If you need any pointers to the installation my Chief runs the OEM tow hooks so you can look at it.)

thanks sequoia. when my wife gets home to watch the baby i'll head out the ecology yard today. do i need to pull the bumper to get at all the parts i need to remove? and do you think i will be able to get it off with a basic socket set and gear wrenches?

-mike

No, you will not be able to ;)

You need a TORX set for the bumper bolts (I forget the size, it's big). You do have to remove the bumper because you will need to get the bumper brackets (the non-hook brackets are different). Like I said, all the parts in the illustration :laugh3:.

Also, don't forget to grab hardware! Particularly the long bolt at nut at the rear of the bumper bracket (the "finger" that goes toward the rear of the vehicle), you don't have this bolt on your Jeep.

i have a T55 torx bit, i think thats the big one for the bumper bolts. i better eat my spinach before i go this sounds like a pain in the ass lol

Back