• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hub conversion: Warn or MileMarker?

RockTracXJ

NAXJA Forum User
So, I think I'm about to pull the trigger on a hub conversion kit. The vibes are driving me crazy (they've been isolated to the front) and I've done about all I can with the angles. So, now the question becomes Warn or Milemarker? I'd like to get the known quality of Warn, but the MileMarker is a couple hundred cheaper so I'm having a hard time deciding. I've searched on here and done quite a bit of reading but would like more input.

spend the extra $$$ for a known product...

i hate taking hubs apart... i hate taking them apart on the trail more...

RockTracXJ said:
So, I think I'm about to pull the trigger on a hub conversion kit. The vibes are driving me crazy (they've been isolated to the front) and I've done about all I can with the angles. So, now the question becomes Warn or Milemarker? I'd like to get the known quality of Warn, but the MileMarker is a couple hundred cheaper so I'm having a hard time deciding. I've searched on here and done quite a bit of reading but would like more input.
Before you spend a ton of money polishing a "turdy"!What have you done?How much lift?Whats your pinion and castor angles?Have you had the driveshaft rebuilt and balanced?

XJ_ranger said:
spend the extra $$$ for a known product...

i hate taking hubs apart... i hate taking them apart on the trail more...
X2. Reasons why you see 10 Warns for every MileMarker.

:rtm:

RCP Phx said:
Before you spend a ton of money polishing a "turdy"!What have you done?How much lift?Whats your pinion and castor angles?Have you had the driveshaft rebuilt and balanced?

I've got 6" of lift, 33s, Rusty's fixed lower control arms, 4.56 gearing, ARB. A couple of weeks ago, I installed offset balljoints to help with the caster/pinion angles. I've removed all the shims and have the pinion up as high as I can get it with the fixed arms. I've not put an angle finder to it, but I'm tracking straight and the wheel returns to center after turns, so I'm thinking the caster is OK. The pinion is still low, though, I can see that just by looking at it. I had the front driveshaft balanced coming up on two years ago and it hasn't sustained any damage that would put it out of balance. I have isolated the vibes to the front, too. Remove the front DS and no vibes.

Believe me, I have a hard time spending money, especially large amounts like this, but I feel like I'm out of options and am ready for an end to the vibes.

I have a very similar set up to yours except I am running RE drop brackets, their 4.5" ZJ springs and a 242 t/c. I put the milemarker hubs on mine because I picked them up for ~$500 shipped. I have been running them for three years now on 35's and a lockrite in the front and haven't had any issue with the hubs. The only true difference between the two kits, MM and Warn, is the locking hub alloy and I am not even sure on that. The biggest thing with this kit, because its an adaptation from a ford ranger is, you are paying for the Warn name. I have yet to see any material comparisons, but after installing both kits, the Warn on a friends, I don't see the need to spend the extra for the warn kit. The cool thing about the MM kit is it is already put together for you, not a huge deal, but it does save sometime.

Back