• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

CCV fitting borken

rokclimbertx

NAXJA Member #1267
ok guys... ended up cracking and finally breaking the ccv fitting during a valve cover gasket fix... got it rigged with some hose but it's not great, leaking...

here's the question, would/could this cause anything horrible to go wrong before i can get a replacement? it's definitely running a bit rough, in fact an obd2 reading shows cylinder #4 misfiring... strange, as i did put in new plugs as well...

what a pos that valve is or what an idiot i am for not being able to pull it out without breaking the thing...

thanks for the advice and the vent...

Which fitting did you break? The one with the orifice??

Your problems sound like they are from the vacuum leak, that you said you have from trying to rig up the fitting.

Usually the PCM recognizes misfires from unexpected changes in crank angle from the CPS. A bad enough vacuum leak, could cause misfires, or at least rough enough running to fool the PCM into thinking it sees a misfire.

Since the rear is directly connected to the intake manifold, I would think you have a vacuum leak.

Back