• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Shop Recomendations in the Northern Virginia Area

96XJ_Garth

NAXJA Forum User
My apologies if this is being posted in the wrong place (I'm a newbie, I don't know any better!).

I was just informed by my local shop that my exhaust manifold has a crack in it and that replacement will run ~$1,000. According to them, the issue is with the cost of having to get a part from the dealer (they won't accept parts outside of their distributor, who only uses the dealer for the manifold apparently). I think the Jeep OEM part runs about $600 and has a rep of being of lesser quality than aftermarket alternatives that run for less than 1/3 of that.

Can anyone recomend a reputable service place here in the DC area (Northern Virgina, Fairfax County) were I can get this reliably replaced and not be completely gouged?

Thanks!

Yeah, but if you get yourself a HAYNES MANUAL and alot yourself about 3-4 hours, you will be done!!

the best thing to do is read it step by step in the haynes manual, get all necessary tools ready, and DO IT!!

Don't be so scared, seriously, its a rather easy install.

Haynes manual- $15

money saved doing it yourself vs paying someone, probably $500-600

There is a shops forum on the Northern Virginia Jeepers website. You might get a better response posting it there.

We can probably hook you up with someone to help you out too if you want to give it a try on your own.

www.novajeepers.com

I would do it myself if I were you. Pretty easy. jeepin.com has an article on it, so does the new 4wd Sport Ut. Mag this month. But a place you can try that is close to you is 4x4connection.com
They are located in Winchester or Manahaass. Don't think I spelled that right but close enough for govt. work. Give them a call. Juice

Back