• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dash Swap ?

SeanAK

NAXJA Forum User
I am new to this forum but have been reading it for a while now..

I just picked up an 88 MJ , and a wrecked 99XJ, MY question is will the Dash out of the 99XJ swap right over into the 88MJ or am I gonna have to fab some mounts and stuff, up? has anyone ever done this? I will be swapping the motor and everything over...

This is my first MJ/XJ build, I am selling my YJ, so it's time to start a new project, Thanks

Totally different, OBDII and computer fed gauges. It might be possible but personally I would fab up a new panel using say VDO or StewartWarner gauges.
Build a new panel out of sheet steel, spend the time 'engine turning' it a neat finish and go from there. Move over the important lights like check engine and such.

Yes it is doable. But the whole drivetrain has to go with the dash. You will have to do the electrical, airbags, the whole deal to pull it off. I am doing on my 87.

Back