• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

chap my @$$

bcsavage

NAXJA Forum User
went to replace brake shoes. Had the right shoes so I started pulling things apart. Got everything off the drivers side and realized my wheel cylinders were pretty questionable and the adjuster cable was snapped. So I get my dad to run me down to lordco and buy new parts. get home, snap the brake line off. Perfect. Back to lordco I go and they don't have the right size (too long or too short) so I get the too long one and have it bent a little different to try and use up some of the extra length. Alright, it's gonna work. Go to put the new clinders in... wrong ones entirely! But now it's past 6pm and lordco is closed so I have to wait until tomorrow. I threw the drum back on with no guts in it, put the wheel on and push the thing into my garage. Man what a headache this has been today. Tomorrow is an all out jeep day. Want to get some aftermarket gauges wired in, figure out my cooling problem (thermostat hopefully but she's overheating), I keep popping fuses on my fog lights so i dunno, bigger fuse maybe? 20 or 25 amp in there now. Plus she's dirt beyond all reason lol...

Here's a couple vids from yesterday... warning NWS! for swearing.

and here is the driver with the aftermath. His oil is chocolate milk so a flush and change are in order on the RFN
DSCF0024.jpg

here's me, don't think I have a vid of the deeper part as my camera man came in the jeep with me but I went through the same part the YJ did but I had no problems.

i don't think it's a short. If I replace the fuse it works for a couple hours then goes... but I'll check the wiring over tomorrow. I know there is a place that two wires were connected with electrical tape under the hood (power to switch, not power to lights). I'll start by pulling a new power wire through the firewall and see if that does it

You have a corroded connection somewhere, or you're running some stupid hight wattage bulbs (I'm talking over a 100w) in them. Your buddy should learn from you and not go blasting though high water like that. If he would have went though it like you did he would have been just fine.

lol, yah I'm the one that convinced him to go in but I never told him to go in balls-to-the-wall lol. Shoulda seen the death look he gave me. Plus his intake is actually piped to just behind his front signal light which is a LOT lower than I would have expected it to be. Snorkels all around before may long!!!

hahaha, yah that's one of his fav's. He manages to find the most random T's I've ever seen. Got my rear brakes all done and figured since I was gonna flush the system I may as well put my chevy front lines on as well. No pics right now, so cold and so tired. Waiting for my oil to stop dripping so I can put the plug back in and fill 'er up. Never got around to anything but brakes and oil change today. *shrug* always next weekend.

Back