• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Spazmoid's Fiascofest, mk II-

IXNAYXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Yeah, that was interesting. Luckily, we got some pics.

The day started out with me driving down to Avanteone's shop to pick up my rig, complete with it's new repaired Detroit locker and new hubs. More on that later. Anyway, from there I went and picked up Sean (90exjay) and headed to my place. On the way, I got a phone call from Erik, (TRSCobra) telling me what a terrible day he had.

After about five minutes of cajoling, he relented and headed over to my place to meet the rest of the group. First though, I decided to heed Spazmoid's dire warnings that an abundance of lights, not skill, experience or equipment would be the key to the evening's event.

Luckily, Sean is a certified master installer. With his help and wisdom, we began the upgrades:

Picture025.jpg

Picture026.jpg

Erik, aka Vanna White:

Picture028.jpg

Our inspiration:

Picture030.jpg

Still not enough:

Picture035.jpg

Picture034.jpg

With our lighting situation more or less under control, we all piled in my truck and drove over to pick up the final member of our intrepid crew, Jay (pSYChedXJ). We were running late, but made up time on Highway 18 and arrived at the trail around 8:30.

We said our hellos, Erik shotgunned two beers, and Sean engaged my hubs. Toss it in four wheel drive, and try to drive forward; uh-oh. The front tires weren't turning. Double check the hubs, double check the t-case. Shit.

We're still not sure what the problem is, but the front driveshaft was turning, but the axle shafts were not. I didn't really want to get stuck and spend the night out there, so we decided to just hang out and do some shooting (Jay and I both brought our arsenals for this very reason). The rest of the group headed up the trail and we murdered some cans and bottles.

Picture042.jpg

Picture046.jpg

Picture052.jpg

5.56 vs. 7.62

Picture059.jpg

Erik fell down in the snow:

Picture063.jpg

After screwing around for a while, I decided to call the group on the CB to see how they were fairing. I got ahold of the good doctor, and he told me that people were stuck, and would need extraction. This put me in something of a bind, as I didn't want to get myself stuck and make things worse.

Finally, Spaz and Joe walked down to where we were hanging out and gave us the skinny: it was time to saddle up and see how far we could get with 2WD.

We gave the stranded Jeepers a ride back to their rigs:

Picture079.jpg

It went remarkably well, and I only got hung up a couple times:

Picture065.jpg

Stay tuned for the exciting conclusion to the story!

-----Matt-----

looks like yall had fun, shoulda called me;)

Dude I have now Idea what is going on with the frontend I checked it at the shop, I was turning the driveline to grease the axle joints after I put it back together:dunno: freaking wierd I guess I will find out on monday:tear:

IXNAYXJ said:
You have no idea how nice I'm being...that was the least wierd of them all The rest aren't fit to print. ;)

-----Matt-----
Ummmm, yeah, I can vouch for that one. I almost felt it necessary to wipe my hard-drive after Matt used my computer to download pics off that camera. Kinda like a rape-shower, I guess.:wow:

- Jay

IXNAYXJ said:
Finally, Spaz and Joe walked down to where we were hanging out and gave us the skinny: it was time to saddle up and see how far we could get with 2WD.

We gave the stranded Jeepers a ride back to their rigs:

Picture079.jpg

I never walked back, by the time you were anywhere close I was unstuck and attempting to pull cherotron out of his hole (turns out his tires were around 15psi not 8).

WaXJ_Skier said:
I never walked back, by the time you were anywhere close I was unstuck and attempting to pull cherotron out of his hole (turns out his tires were around 15psi not 8).

I don't understand why people won't air down. Friend of mine was telling me about an Elbe trip he took last weekend where one guy INSISTED he wasn't going below 25psi. :confused: I dunno, you've got at least a half dozen other drivers airing their tires down for a run that you were invited on...you'd think that it would be prudent to do what they're doing. :wstupid:

ECKSJAY said:
I don't understand why people won't air down. Friend of mine was telling me about an Elbe trip he took last weekend where one guy INSISTED he wasn't going below 25psi. :confused: I dunno, you've got at least a half dozen other drivers airing their tires down for a run that you were invited on...you'd think that it would be prudent to do what they're doing. :wstupid:
his gauge was way off. He thought he was 8-10ish turned out to be around 15

WaXJ_Skier said:
his gauge was way off. He thought he was 8-10ish turned out to be around 15

There's another rant. :D Gauges are precision pieces of equipment. Spend a few bucks on a good one and keep it in a safe place, not bouncing around in a tool box or something. You also check fluids in your engine, why not check your gauge every so often to make sure it works?

:rof:

/me is feeling old today

:D

ECKSJAY said:
I'm being a grumpy bitch. Pay me no attention and I'll go away. :D:D:D

Is that what being 30 does to you Phil?

:gag:

XJLaredo said:
Is that what being 30 does to you Phil?

:gag:

It does today. :D

But what the hell, I'm all screwed up. I woke up early this morning to make coffee and make Joni breakfast. Hash browns and eggs, even. I've had two cups of coffee by now so I'm doing a lot better, lol.

Back