• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Alignment: Which wheel/tires

zfinger

NAXJA Forum User
97 XJ 6" lift
jeepin015.jpg

I have bad death wobble that I'm trying to solve. I have new wheel bearings, ball joints, procomp steering stabilizer, Rustys adj. control arms and rustys adj. track bar. All are installed, just needs an alignment and the track bar adjusted.

The question is... Which wheels and tires should I have on the Jeep when it gets alignmed? I have...

-Currently on 33's, 3 are bald, one is brand new
-30" BFG AT's, atleast 50%+ tread left on Ford Ranger rims
-stock wheels and tires, plenty of tread

-The other thing is my appointment is wednesday morning, and next weekend I'll be buying some 34" Swamper TSL's off a friend. Those have like 75% life left. I'd like to have it alignmed with the 34's on it, but thats not in the cards at the moment, and the alignment cant wait.

So which ones do I bring it in on?

It is a DD, but I tend to switch the tires around sometimes. If I have to commute all week the 30's go on. But if I get lazy, then it's the 33's. The 33's are chopped up, bald and junk. But alignment goes by the rim correct? so the tire shouldn't matted that much. And the 33's are closer to the 34's I'll have on in a week or so.

Back