• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Best place to find a used XJ on line?

JeepDawg

NAXJA Forum User
Any suggestions on good websites? I'm giving up on my '85 XJ. It's a great jeep.....but I don't have the wherewithall to work on it as I would like.....and these mechanics no nothing about carburetors! I'm emotionally drained.....so my wife is making me move on.

With that being said, I'm hoping to find maybe a 97+ with manual transmission. Aside from ebay, not many websites allow you to specify "manual transmission."

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

JD

I'd been using craigslist, autotrader, pennysaverusa, and cars.com for the past three weeks looking for a 97+ XJ. You're right, none of these let you specify the tranny type. You'll just have to peruse the ads to find one with a manual tranny.

I just bought a 98 2-door 4WD on autotrader for $2800. I jumped on a new listing and rushed up to LA with cash.

For sale is my 1996 Jeep Cherokee Sport. It only has 78*** miles on it. 5 speed manual 6cyl. Rustys 4.5 in suspension lift with brand new 33in tires. Also front and rear tomken bumpers. Uniden 40channel CB, AM/FM/CD player with amp and subwoofer, trail spare included and misc 4 wheeling supplies. For and extra $500.00 I will give you a brand new milemarker winch and winch mount with warranty.

$6500.00 OBO
$500.00 for winch and winch mount. Please email for any additional info!! thanks PS COULD NOT UPOAD PICS!! SORRY
http://www.delawareja.com/forum/index.php?topic=10309.0

My son got an 98xj from a GSA online auction a year ago. It was a base model with 4.0l, aw4, limited slip, skid plates, heavy duty suspention, heavy duty cooling, heavy duty electrical, anti-lock brakes, power mirrors, AC, cruise control, tilt steering wheel, and best of all, rubber floor mats and vinyl seats. All for $6200, $100 over Kelly Blue Book wholesale price. The car has worked great for him so far. www.autoauction.gsa.gov/auctionsearch.cfm

Isn't this the wrong Forum?

Anyway, I like:

Ebay
NAXJA Classifieds

Every town has a street or location that has less expensive car dealerships. Look around town. Plenty of XJ's in the lots. Also have local Salvage yards that sell descent Jeep projects.

Jason

Back