• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2007 Mini Baja Build

Weasel

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Here some pics of our new car.

Chain Case:
IMGP1100.jpg

IMGP1106.jpg

Carbon Seat, not quite done, still needs to be trimmed to size and padded:
IMGP1107.jpg

In House Rear Knuckles:
IMGP1103.jpg

In House Front Knuckles:
IMGP1104.jpg

Very Good Tig Welds done by Western Dakota:
IMGP1097.jpg

IMGP1099.jpg

IMGP1110.jpg

IMGP1109.jpg

Sprint Car Centers:

IMGP1105.jpg

Rear View:

IMGP1102.jpg

I'll be seeing you at the events then. I just got back from testing our Minibaja car. I'm up at Northeastern, what school are you at?

I spy with my two eyes 4 wheel steering. Very nice looking car so far. I spent 4.5 years on the Clarkson University team and I really miss it. If you are going to be at Midwest at RIT watch out for them, they'll be bringing 4 wheel steering as well. Good luck to you and to anyone else on here who's competing. It really pays off when you start looking to enter the working world.

RIT has 4wheel steer? Ha, bring it on. We'll see what thier go-carts got! :D:D

Yes we have fourwheel steering. It's the fifth car we've run with it so yeah we have it pretty much dialed in. And this sucker is going to be light. If we can just get it fast.

We are hosting the west comp. It's gonna rock!

Sorry, I meant that Clarkson will be running 4-wheel steer. They unfortunately won't be making it out to west this year I don't think but should be at East and Midwest.

You guys hear about how PBS will be doing a piece on SAE and Baja at the Rochester, NY event.

my buildup is here:
http://www.rockhardxj.com/viewtopic.php?t=684

we still have quite a bit to do...

looks like our rig will weigh double what yours does :D but as long as the carburator will allow it, we should be able to climb up the side of your rig and put our front axle on the top of your cage :D :D

Weasel said:
Here some pics of our new car.
IMGP1106.jpg

might be the picture view, but the sprockets look a little out of alignment... that will cause rediculus chain wear...

See you in 2 months!

Hmm.... polaris diff? I have to make some phone calls....

XJ_Ranger, it's just the angle of the pic. We had enough problems with alignment in past years to have it happen again.

I'm actually a Mechanical Engineer going to grad school at SDSM&T. The program is Mechanical Engineering with a emphisases in Machine Design and Vehicle Dynamics.

Weight should be sub 400 easliy.

How much? Did Polaris "support" you guys?

Begster said:
You guys hear about how PBS will be doing a piece on SAE and Baja at the Rochester, NY event.

Rochester? I was there in '05...if they're holding at the same motorsports park that course was a ton of fun.

Hillclimb event...
mb4.jpg

By the end of the endurance race we were hucking off the top of that hill so hard that we basically didn't touch the ground the whole way down it. Fun stuff.

We had some good times with that car...

mb5.jpg

this year's team looks to be a big disappointment so far. I miss doing that stuff.

If you go to my teams site, then click on media, then East, you will see pictures of our roll over with "Roll Me Over" painted on the bottom of our floats.

Back