• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

38's

Jonnyjpr

NAXJA Forum User
Lookin to get some 38's put on the jeep. I know not alot of yall run tires this big. But lookin for some suggestions. I've got my eyes set on interco's SSR radials. whatta yall think?

What all do you have done to your jeep? I am running 37's, but I have swapped in new axles in order to handle them. There are people running that large of a tire on stock axles, but it is definitely not recommended. As far as lift goes, I am running 37's on 4.5", but there are many people that will say that you need at lest 6" of lift just to fit 35's. Do you plan on doing any wheeling with it? And, if so, what type of wheeling do you do?

Hehe, oh yea, i'm diffently gonna wheel it. Got d44 and 9inch for it. Makin my own long arm and probably gonna have about 8 inches of lift. gonna be about 50/50 on road and off road. Noise dont bother me. and would like to have a good tread life, but damn radials sure are expensive. What kind of tire do you run?

Good road life and 38s do not go in the same sentence. If you go that big you are just going to have to deal with bad tire wear on the street. Its all about compromise.

AARON

No they do make Parnelli Jones Girt Grips in 38s or I my slef want to run a 37" tire and got TRXus MTs.

I would run a set of IROKS they are awsome off-road and I personally have not seen or heard of them wearing weird on a Cherokee also they are available in bias ply and radial. I have owned a set of 36's but not 38's

I have a set of 38.5x14.5x15 TSL/SX tires on my CJ. They actually ride okay on the highway, better than the TSLs I used to run. They're a dual construction tire, bias polyester belts and radial steel belts. IMO the SX is the best overall tire on the market.

That said, I wouldn't run them on my XJ. They don't wear as long or ride as well as most radials.

Back