• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

j truck 44

rehab

NAXJA Forum User
i just picked one up (Wide Track) and noticed the leaf mount is cast into the housing and the wms is around 63". Am I going to run into any problems putting this in a xj? I just don't want the tires sticking out past the body too far. also, are the j truck axles the same as the wagoneer? or are there differences?

thanks

they are the same with the exception of width.

and the cast mount didnt get in the way of any of my axle brackets.

here are some pics: The tires are 37x13" boggers on 15x10" wheels with 4" of backspacing. the tires stick out maybe 7-8"

backyardwheeling002.jpg

100_0549.jpg

100_0532.jpg

100_0519.jpg

i could dig some more up if you would like to see more pics.

you could always tuck them in more if you use a more backspaced wheel.

i was looking but the most backspaced wheel i could find was 4.5. i took some more measurements today and it turns out my LP 44 measures ~64 in and the HP 30 measures about ~ 62 in wms-wms it should work with the highest backspaced wheel and 15*8 rims. I just dont want it to look like a dang monster truck driving down the road, I already get enough trouble from the cops...

Back