• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Mud Grappler

ChuckstrPT

NAXJA Member #791
So, NO ONE is running these tires? (I just searched) They've gotten pretty good reviews in the mags....kinda Krawler like. Sounds like they are round, and ride fair on the street. I'm wondering how loud they are compared to MTR's. I'm thinking something more aggressive...but still need to respect the highway ride/daily drive.... TSL Radials may be going a bit to far, or maybe Mud Grapplers?? next set would like to be 285's/33's:sunshine:

A friend of mine has them on his superduty, and I am amazed at how loud his are. I do not know what other people think, but I can hear him coming from farther away than my other friend with TSL's. He has not commented on the ride or anything like that, but I do know that his are loud. Also, his are 35's. I am however, very impressed with the Toyo Mt's, which run about the same price. They work well in the mud (about like a BFG) and are quite on the road and wear pretty well. Again, this is not from a jeep, but another superduty running 38's.

get a good stereo

I drove a buddy's gmc 2500 with 38" grapplers on the street and on the highway and you dont understand what a loud tire is until you experience these.

From what I've heard, theyre better on rocks than mud

Thanks guys...that is exactly the info I was looking for....I'm not looking for THAT much noise.....even though I do tend to play my music on the loud side.....:scared:

A few years ago I road in a 4-runner with 34x13.50 Boggers on it. It sounded like we flying in a small prop plane lol.

When I think Nitto offroad tire the first thing that comes to mind is show pig superduties.

I guess I'll stick with MTR's, or MTZ's if I've got time to order.....
Thanks!

Back