• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

D30 axles

rubiconrescue

NAXJA Forum User
alright i need 4.88's to match my rear 44 and i found a set of 4.88's with a lockright in a D30 for $325. BUT the catch is its under a YJ. i have a good feeling that wont bolt under my XJ. what is needed to put it under my xj? or is it worth my time? thanks Can i just change it into my carrier

I think it would make more sense just to buy new gears and get them installed. Unless you have the ability to cut the brackets off of your old axle and weld them on the YJ axle.

My .02.

Fred

Fred said:
I think it would make more sense just to buy new gears and get them installed. Unless you have the ability to cut the brackets off of your old axle and weld them on the YJ axle.

My .02.

Fred
Upper control arm brackets on most are built into the axle. A TJ axle would work if you can locate one of those. It is 4 link like an XJ.

There are no control arm brackets on a YJ axle. YJ's are leaf sprung.

Fred

can i swap gears from that axle to mine directly? b/c i cant buy the gears and locker for what he want the whole deal for.

Sure, if you don't mind noisy gears that will wear faster. I had gears transferred from one axle to another, too noisy for me. YMMV

Fred

Back