• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Eletric fan help ASAP`

xrayjeeper83

NAXJA Forum User
Im trying to install a taraus fan into my XJ but am having trouble getting it to fit. Its to thick, its hitting the pully where the stock fan bolted to. Was wondering can I cut those bolts back some or do I need to get a thinner fan

Andrew

Mine fits fine... but I've got a 4 banger. Will it fit if you off center it a bit? Will it fit in front of the radiator/condensor as a pusher? Most of the guys I've seen with the 4.0 have just run two stock fans to replace the mechanical one.

It's a tight fit no doubt. I have about .25" of room from my main pulley.
You have to trim the plastic shroud, and mount it securely.
BE CAREFUL!!!! MAKE SURE THE CENTER OF THE TAURUS ISN'T TOUCHING YOUR RADIATOR! It's domed out, and sticks out... if it rubs on the radiator that's BAD.

Copied from the perma cool site:

A four cylinder engine requires 1600 cfm; a six cylinder engine requires 2,000 cfm, a small V-8 engine requires 3,000 cfm and large V-8 engines require 4500+ cfm.

xrayjeeper83 said:
I found a fan that is only 2 1/2 inch thick so it will fit better.

Is 2100 CFM's enough though?

Andrew

Only if you use your auxiliary at the same time (both fans in tandem). You must also do everything possible to shroud it correctly so that it pulls in maximum possible air through the radiator.

See my site on how to fit a Taurus fan is it requires removing the old fan pulley and most of the mount. What is the point of keeping it anyway as it does nothing now and wastes energy turning a useless bearing?

www.go.jeep-xj.info

xrayjeeper83 said:
Does it matter what year taurus? How many CFM's does a taurus fan pull

Andrew
GoJeep says 4500cfm on high speed in his writeup. Read it and you will see how he did his and he turned it verticle as well.

Back