• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

transfer case front oil seal?

mudrat

NAXJA Forum User
i'm in the middle of installing a sye on my 231 ,but when i pulled out the front yoke i noticed that the oil seal is wasted .want to replace but cant seem to get out the rubber.then i noticed there is a metal collar it sits in.is this part of the seal? part is on order so i cant figure it out that way.anybody replace one?

You're on the right track. It's basically a rubber inner portion that is attached to a metal part. I'm holding one in my hot little hand. Do you want to see a pic?

yes please if you can i would hate to go in there swinging and beat up something attached to the bearing.also where did you get yours and do you have a p/n just in case i got the wrong one

This is the side you're looking at:
29m7p7t.jpg

Your oil sees this:
2uqhzxw.jpg

2co5u7o.jpg

The package it came in:
4gyei4j.jpg

Not sure if that number on the package is the actual part number or not. I got it at the dealer. Hope this helps you.

You're welcome. Odd that I had that seal laying around though. Good luck man. I'm gonna have another beer.

Back