• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tranny cooler

xrayjeeper83

NAXJA Forum User
I plan on installing a tranny cooler tomorrow or sat, and am in need of a good write up. One with alot of pictures and on that any idiot can follow

Andrew

With out a temp gauge you wont be able to get a baseline temp before you install the cooler. With that you would be able to see what is going on temp wise- before and after.. also i would search the boards here to see what others have done.
I will run mine--- tranny>cooler>Radiator>tranny. I have a tranny temp guage and live in Colorado so i will have baselined my temp 1st, then ill see how it does with the cooler installed, using the rad to reheat the fliud..
In reality the connections can always be reversed afterwards.. i really think that a temp gauge is important when doing a seperate/not stock tranny cooling set up so that you can monitor it..... PHEW!!!

I had origonally planned on using a cooler from a old school f-350 had it in and plummed, then realised it was to big. I since then have installed 2 smaller ones from newer f-150's with much better results. having paid for 3 coolers Im still only out about $25.00. I live in california and spend a lot of time in the desert so I bypassed the radiator.

Im at work at the moment but I can take pics tomarrow morn and post them. I need pull the grill to paint them anyway.

basicly all i did was cut both cooler lines upper line went in to the upper of the first cooler then lower of first went to lower of second then upper of second went to lower line

Which line is the out going line green or red?

DSC02302-1.jpg

Dumb question number two, I want to connect the out going to the top of the tranny and the in line to the bottom correct.

Andrew

Last edited:
The top line going into a cooler is always the hottest one. So just follow back the one from there so you know which one is which.

Back