• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SYE question

kenny schmitt

NAXJA Forum User
So i have a 1996 xj 2dr 5 speed and im putting a rustys 6.5 to rplace my broken 2" and some 33s so im doing the lift and sye myself (i hope) and wanna keep it on the road i wanna do it all myself but im stuck on the SYE Should i do the shaft and SYE b4 the lift or after and how easty is it what can i screw up and what has to come out im wondering if the tc has to come out or does it bolt rigt up thenx what did u do?

It will be easier to do the SYE after, since you'll have 4 more inches of clearance to crawl under there, just plan on some vibes for a while if you can't get the SYE done right after the lift. I've been driving around for about 4 months now and I still haven't put my sye on : )

I did my SYE after the lift, however it was immediately after so I did not drive it. It was easy to do and did not require removing the TC. There is a video floating around the net of a SYE being done. It was way better to see that than to read the directions.

kenny schmitt said:
im wondering if the tc has to come out or does it bolt rigt up thenx what did u do?

The SYE actually replaces parts inside the transfer case, it doesn't bolt to the transfer case.

Do the SYE After the lift. Last step in the process is to measure for the new driveshaft length, and you want the truck at the new ride height for the best results.

Back