• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

t-case relocation shifter question

scorpio_vette

NAXJA Forum User
is it just me, or do none of the companies that make the jeep t-case shifter relocation brackets have one listed for XJ???

i just installed a skyjacker version on a friends TJ, and that setup is sweet. i very rarely use low range on my XJ, because even with adjustment, there is so much movent of the body that it jumps out of low if i don't hold it. i would like to relocate the shifter assembly to the tranny/t-case, but as mentioned.............none of the kits say they work for XJ's. now from what i can see, there is absolutely no difference.

anybody know anything about this, or running some type of relocator???

Put one on a TJ about 3 weeks ago. The floor bracket looked the same as my 01XJ. It should bolt right up.

I bought one of those to use in my "new" MJ.....but I haven't installed it yet..I bought one because a buddy has one and it works slick.

I installed the Novak one in mine, it worked great.

novak2.jpg

novak3.jpg

Takes a bit of tweaking and futzing to get the lever bent and positioned right, but I think it was worth it.

It's just a straight pattern, front to back. Due to the way the lever is arranged the pattern is reversed from stock (low range is all the way forward). The lockout for low range is also removed.

Great shift feel to it, I'm using it now for my NP231 doubler box.

edit: It doesn't include the boot or anything, you're pretty much left on your own to figure that out. I used another 5-speed shifter boot and cut it a little bit.

Back