• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

More Ac/Heating control woes......

tcm glx

NAXJA Member #1033
Ok guy, so I am continuing to experience a blower fuse the blow 90% of the time. Every once in a while, it will not blow, and work fine. Here are the specifics. When i turn on the A/C or Vent in low, or med, nothing happens, the moment I hit the HIGH, the fuse labeled BLOWER pops. I have so far done the following:
Tested with out the BLOWER Resistor (no difference), replaced it with a brand new OEM one anywas, I have also replaced the blower motor itself (also did the testing with this unplugged which made no diffference either).

I am at a lost, but it is damn hot and I would love for my a/c to be working back again...plz plz help me out, any ideas......At this point, even an idea as to who in So Cal could look at it and fix it would help.....

kennzz05 said:
a fuse that blows without being hooked up to the blower, i would suspect a grounded wire that is probably rubbing metal somewhere

How can I narrow where it is?? It is driving me freakin nuts!!

get a meter and read for continuity between the wire and batt neg if you dont get any reading wiggle and pull on the wire to see if you can make it read continuity and if so than try to narrow it down from there worst case run a new wire for the summer till you can mess with it when its cooler put it on another switch that can handle that many amps a descretely located home light switch will handle 20 amps but its a kinda ghetto way to go but itll work and they only cost like 75 cents and to all those who are laughing their ass off at this idea....... your welcome!!!

Back