• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rock rails

double sided tape or velcro works best

I've heard rumors that Construction adhesive works really well..:D :roflmao:

Drill through both sides of the unit-frame...

Alot of them come with self-tapping bolts.Option 2 which I use are Nut-serts.Option 3 would be to drill all the way thru with bolts.

http://www.traildamage.net/Coppermine/thumbnails.php?album=46
I used the hardware that came with my JCR, stage 2 rails. I had to do some adjusting to work properly with my long arm kit. but the self threading bolts only a bout a inch long went in to my unibody. and I think some of the pics you can see what hardware went into the pinch seam.
normal_IMG_3787.JPG

I used silicon to mount mine, ALOT of silicon! I used clear (invisible to the rocks), but blue will work too. Make sure your frame is clean first, or else it won't stick good. And if that's not strong enough, then use the velcro or double sided (3M) tape they refer to above.

Talk about overkill, huh.

Looks like your basic self-tappers. Support your rails on jackstands as close to the desired mounting position as possible, horse them in place and mark your holes with a scribe. Drill them as pilots first, check to see that they're centered in the flange holes of the rail brackets. Pull the holes if/as required, then drill them fullsize and bolt up the rails.

Pay no never mind to this bunch. You do need to include details like what brand or why they didn't come with instructions,

It could be like my case where I bought my first (Jeep) XJ recently and he threw in the aftermarket bumpers and sliders and they were piled up in the back. He had no clue as to brand or anything else so, I had to research and compare photos with what I had. You might try that and most fabricators have install instructions on their sites. JCR and AJ are good starting points.

This crowd gets pretty cruel but, I just look at the source and their age before I let my blood pressure build up.

Thanks f9k9, I dont let it bother me. Anyway that is the situation I am in. I dont know what kind they are, I bought them off ebay and they didnt com ewith instructions or hardware. I am just trying to figure out which way would be the strongest way to mount them. Oh yeah and by the way, are you still in the marines, I noticed the semper fi

The best way to mount rock rails is by using a little known home made bonding adhesive. It starts with butter flavored pam and Best Foods mayo. It has to be best Foods, because of the chemical composition. :bs:

A little ribbing is to be expected in this place. :jester:

Back