• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New guy here!

89xjJe3per

NAXJA Forum User
Hello fellow jeepers! new to the forum but not jeeps... my first car was a 94 xj I6HO All stock and rusted to shit... But she ran like a bat out of hell! sold her about 4 months ago and now have a 89 xj lol... put a RE 3.5 Superflex lift 2.5 rear shackle or how ever u spell it drop so it the whole rig sits up about 4.5 from stock... custome made front/rear pumper with winch mount n rear tire mont on swing arm...(all done by muAH) sitting on 31/10.5/15 (tires) rear has 4:10 but front is stock so no 4x4ing yet for this baby... BUT IF ANYONE HAS THERE OLD 3:55 GEARS THEY WANNA GET RID OF... will be taking some pics n posting soon... I also live in the socal area... anyone in ventura county?

I will be the first to say WELCOME! I do not live in the ventura area but in the low desert.....you will meet a lot of great guys and gals on here!

if your rear is a chrysler 8.25 ive got a brand new set of 3.55s (ring & pinion) i'll sell ya cheap, ive also got a spare carrier (some ppl call it the 3rd member, whatever) with decent bearings that you could bolt the gears to if ya just wanna slap it in there, you'd need a set of bolts tho...

-mike

Welcome to the gang!

Get those gears matched and let's go wheelin"....

Welcome!

I'd recommend either sticking with 4.10s or going higher. I wouldnt go back to 3.55's unless you really plan on sticking with 31's.

djblade311 said:
Welcome!

I'd recommend either sticking with 4.10s or going higher. I wouldnt go back to 3.55's unless you really plan on sticking with 31's.
X2
I have started a 12 step program for Jeepers that meets in my backyard every Thursday night. It deals with the addiction some of us have in pouring every penny we have into our Jeeps.
Now...a temporary fix that we are finding that works is to step up to the "Next" upgrade first. This strategy works because we are able to stretch our "Jeep Dollars" until we find a cure for our disease. :D
Russ

Nope grimm my rear is dana 35.... and yea imma stick with 31's... This moring/afternoon i will be putting lights and a conferr rack on ill try n post some pics... p.s thanks for the warm welcome guys/gals

o well it was worth a shot right? lol im never going to sell these gears! i bought em cause i thought i popped a tooth off the ring gear wheelin too hard, but when i opened up the diff i saw it was a tooth on one of the spider gears, dont ask me how i pulled that one off lol... anyone need a set of 3.55s?:cool:

"ive also got a spare carrier (some ppl call it the 3rd member, whatever) with decent bearings that you could bolt the gears to if ya just wanna slap it in there, you'd need a set of bolts tho..." Grimm dont want to sound stupid but what is that?

89xjJe3per said:
"ive also got a spare carrier (some ppl call it the 3rd member, whatever) with decent bearings that you could bolt the gears to if ya just wanna slap it in there, you'd need a set of bolts tho..." Grimm dont want to sound stupid but what is that?

its the part the ring gear bolts to:
diff-jeep.jpg

Ok here is my xj... i just put the lights on got a little carried away didnt take any before pics... also some pics of me take my roof racks off n replaceing the well nuts (im on a lunch break hehe). gonna put the conferr rack on (just got that baby) also custome mounted a fiberglass bottom to the rack... one of the pics here i got a lil mad at the well nut:D hope u like will post more when im done later today!!!!
Picture016.jpg

Picture018.jpg

Picture017.jpg

Picture025.jpg

Picture026.jpg

Picture027.jpg

Picture020.jpg

Picture021.jpg

Picture024.jpg

Picture022.jpg

Picture023.jpg

89xjJe3per said:
Hello fellow jeepers! new to the forum but not jeeps... my first car was a 94 xj I6HO All stock and rusted to shit... But she ran like a bat out of hell! sold her about 4 months ago and now have a 89 xj lol... put a RE 3.5 Superflex lift 2.5 rear shackle or how ever u spell it drop so it the whole rig sits up about 4.5 from stock... custome made front/rear pumper with winch mount n rear tire mont on swing arm...(all done by muAH) sitting on 31/10.5/15 (tires) rear has 4:10 but front is stock so no 4x4ing yet for this baby... BUT IF ANYONE HAS THERE OLD 3:55 GEARS THEY WANNA GET RID OF... will be taking some pics n posting soon... I also live in the socal area... anyone in ventura county?

Go to the junkyard. Find a 4 cyl XJ. Look at the tag on the front diff, almost all of them are 4.10. Buy the axle. Put it on your jeep. Wheel.

4.10's with 31's will get much better gas mileage than 3.55's with 31's.. the axle will pay for itself shortly.

All done with the lights n rack... thanks jeeper john the bumper matchs the back one with custome tire swing arm(off right now)... heres a few pics now shes done... :cheers:

Picture028.jpg
Picture029.jpg

Back