• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ok....i need help..

white_elephant

NAXJA Forum User
im getting 36s....so i want to know if 456s will handle them good...

i have 456s with 33s..and its awesome...but its anyone running 456s with 36s or more??

auto or manual tranny would make a difference in my opinion.

Manual will be fine, auto is doable (as stated above)

It also depends on the type of wheeling and whether or not its a daily driver.

Auto's(plural, not possessive for you other guys) actually do better,but Id say 5.13's.
Edit:when doing final drive ratios,1 to 1 is the math with a manual.Most consider an auto to be about 1.5 to 1.

Last edited:
RCP Phx said:
Auto's(plural, not possessive for you other guys) actually do better,but Id say 5.13's.

says you run 33's with 4.10's. thats cool

5.13's would require you to do axle swaps

Ive also have 4 to 1 in both rigs, with 4.56's in my trail rig(with 33's on both).And the 95 with 4.56's gets better gas milage and performance,I did the 4.10's in my 2000 when I was running 32's.

Last edited:
RCP Phx said:
Auto's(plural, not possessive for you other guys)
:lecture:
OK, say it with me: apotheses show possession, or indicate contractions. They do not indicate plurality. Thus, "auto's" indicates that the "auto" possesses something, while "autos" indicates more than one "auto".

I had to - I'd have let it go and chalked you up as English-challenged, had you not mentioned it.

(I definitely need a Pirate smiley flip-off for this)

Sorry, I'm an English major and all-around snob.

white_elephant said:
im getting 36s....so i want to know if 456s will handle them good...

i have 456s with 33s..and its awesome...but its anyone running 456s with 36s or more??

Too many variables for any answers here to mean much. You live in FL, so no hills to climb on the highway. Do you have a Renix or an HO, and how many miles on the motor....power will make a difference, and so will the tranny. On road is where it will matter, off road you'll be fine. You're getting the tires anyway, run them and see how it feels to you, then decide if you want to spring for deeper gears. If so, I wouldn't waste the time and money to jump one step up to 4.88's, there's not enough difference. If you end up wanting lower, go to 5.13's.

Back