• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

looking for leafs

99GreenMachine

NAXJA Forum User
I have some R.E 3.5" leafs right now in the rear. it is to low now with the new rear bumper and jerry can and a 33inch tire on the tire carrier. I am looking for some B.O.R. 4 or 6 inch leafs or at least some 5 inch ones of any other make. if anyone has any and want to trade me for mine or want to sell them please let me know.

Thanks
Nick

Hey Nick,
Just get a set of RE 4.5" and a 1.5" shackle. That would give you almost 6" total lift.

Just an idea.

The R.E ones dont hold up to any weight it seems like. Mine were pretty high and now they are almost flat. They are a couple years old but they should last longer then that. mine still clear 33s but i wants the rear end higher. Thansk tho Robert. I am using a 1.24 shackle.

Nick

leafs that can hold lots of weight and not sag? Check in on National 10-leafs. There is somewhere where you can get a discount and run you about $450-$475 but I cant remember who to contact.

The RE and Rusty leafs are pretty affordable but may not last as long

Deaver springs are also very nice. I'm running there "G9" springs which are 10 leaf and hold up to lots of load. I carry lots of weight daily. I think I got them for $475 including new larger u-bolts.
I don't think they give as much lift as the Nationals, but I run them with 1.5" lift shackles and 1" blocks that are pinned with the leafs. Gives me about 5 1/2-6".

Kyung

kyung where did you get yours? I looked at nationals website and they said there like $500-$600 to get some made. But the deavers I heard are really nice. I want them to clear 35s, and mine right now in the rear wont. The front is sitting alot higher then the back. And 35s are next for my Jeep so I need taller leafs.Well let me know where you got yours Kyung, because I have been looking all over. I was going to go with the new DPGs. I dunno tho.
Thanks

Nick

and josh, is there any way you can find out where you can get nationsla for that price. Because that might be the way to go. I want good strong leafs. thanks guys.

Nick

99GreenMachine said:
kyung where did you get yours? I looked at nationals website and they said there like $500-$600 to get some made. But the deavers I heard are really nice. I want them to clear 35s, and mine right now in the rear wont. The front is sitting alot higher then the back. And 35s are next for my Jeep so I need taller leafs.Well let me know where you got yours Kyung, because I have been looking all over. I was going to go with the new DPGs. I dunno tho.
Thanks

Nick
I got them from Deaver in Santa Ana. Talk to Scott. They'll set you up with what you want. Custom set ups do cost more though. Just give them a call at 714-542-3703.

Kyung

I would also concider Full Traction. They are in I think bakersfield and are not to bad on price. Best parts of them are the full military wrap, english eye, teflon pads and 5" of true lift. And they are made to handle more rear wieght for the jeep speed guys with the 2 spares and cage in the rear. I love mine so far. I think they were 550 total, but I went to pick them up. If you do decide to get them, just a FYI I am going up to bakersfield on sat morning and will get them for ya and bring em down here. But I dont think they are open on sat, and if not you would have to find someone to just pick em up and hold em till sat morning for ya. just a thought.

Do you have a pic. You're in the same situation i was in. Im running the 3.5" RE leafs also and had the 1.25" shackle. The RE shackle actually only gives you .75 lift. Its junk. I recently replaced the shackle with a TnT 1.5" shackle and got a serious 1.5" out of it. Im running 35's and a fully loaded rear bumper/tire carrier with a 35"spare and gas can. Just bumpstop it properly and i think you'd be ok.
here is how it sat with 1.25 RE shackle
DSC00272.jpg

here is how it sits now. The driveway is a little incline so its not a good comparison pic. but its what i got :D
DSC00304.jpg

Personally id keep it as low as possible with the biggest tires possible.

Back